Saturday, January 05, 2019

I mailed a box to my children on December 26 and it was delivered on December 29. This is not direct contact. Mailing boxes to my children eases my grief. I mailed a heart rock, a couch comforter (bye bye happy memories), Pete's sketchbook, Pete's bowler hat filled with things ~ an Epipen, the snowbird with sunflower beak, Pete's farmer (very hard to let go of), red foam magician balls, his paperclip necklace with the hook magnet and my 'This Too Shall Pass' ring, sheet music of Bach's Two-Part Invention No. 8 and Pete's Sonata that he played every morning when he came downstairs before school, a Rocky and Bullwinkle dvd, that funny red bird pen, the little round mirror with the roses glued to it, lots of odds and ends from around the house, the black guitar fly swatter from the Hard Rock. On and on until non.

No comments: